Sunday, May 13, 2007

Nimoy's Nudes



We all know what William Shatner's been up to these days, but who knew Leonard Nimoy (that's Mr. Spock, for those of you whose mothers weren't teenage Star Trek fans) was shooting nudes and showing his work?

Okay, actually lots of people knew. I just wasn't one of them.

Anyway, the Times Magazine piece on his latest work with women of size -- a collection of photos he's been working on for eight years -- isn't too terribly interesting, but it's a good summary of how he ended up taking photos of fat women and how he feels about it. It tries to give the reader a glimpse of fat activism, kind of, but it doesn't really.

I really want to see the photographs now. Luckily some of them are showing in Northampton (apparently the most liberal city in the most liberal state in the country, according to gallery owner Richard Michelson), where I will be in the middle of next week. At first I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get the beau to go with me, but then I remembered: he loves photography. Oh, and naked women.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll be in NoHo for graduation?! Please call/e-mail me when you get here because I'd love to see you!

Anonymous said...

Now if the blog writer would pose for her photographer beau perhaps she would have some photos rivaling those of Cake and Cock's.

And don't worry, I'm always up for some lovely images of beautiful women, especially those who look like humans (as the above women do). My question for Nimoy- why the heels? Sexy nude women barefoot are more my style.

-Beau

Anonymous said...

Did you submit your site at blogsearch.sg?

You can reach blogsearch by just typing blogsearch.sg in your browser window or click here

This is a service by bizleadsnet directory of web logs.

ENDOCRINE DISRUPTORS

Speak Sexy said...

Small world! I actually went to that gallery in Northampton a few years ago when I was a senior at Hampshire College (the most liberal college in the world...of course it's there!) Nimoy was doing a showing/signing and I bought two of his photographs from another collection. Nice to see some more publicity for his photography. :)

Sarah-the-Yente said...

I agree with the beau, and also want to point out that I MISS YOU and also that you need to update this.

Anonymous said...

ya definatly aweosme....
vigrx