Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Come for Peace

Anti-war activist Donna Sheehan, originator of the Baring Witness movement, and her partner Paul Reffel have organized another peaceful demonstration: Global Orgasm.

WHO? All Men and Women, you and everyone
you know.

WHERE? Everywhere in the world, but especially in countries with weapons of mass destruction.

WHEN?
Winter Solstice Day - Friday, December 22nd,
at the time of your choosing, in the place of your choosing and with as much privacy as you choose.

WHY? To effect positive change in the energy field of the Earth through input of the largest possible surge of human energy a Synchronized Global Orgasm. There are two more US fleets heading for the Persian Gulf with anti-submarine equipment that can only be for use against Iran, so the time to change Earth’s energy is NOW!

Sheehan and Reffel believe that war is essentially male sexual posturing on a grand scale -- that is to say, "my nuke is bigger than yours, nyah nyah." They believe that the huge release of human energy with peaceful intentions can actually have a positive impact on the Earth's energy, and they reference Princeton's Global Consciousness Project as their scientific backup.

I don't pray for peace, or meditate on it. You might call what I do "hoping against hope" for peace. It's a very anxiety-ridden activity. I think evolutionary psychology is a slippery slope, and I'm not sure I buy the science behind the Global Orgasm, but I'm willing to do my part to create more positive energy in the world. It can't hurt, right? Hurt the peace movement, I mean. If it hurts you, you should probably have that looked into.


From the San Francisco Chronicle

From Wired's Sex Drive Daily
The Global O Blog

No comments: